Baby Makes Five

Say CHEESE.

Thursday, February 19

it will always feel like just yesterday

Being pregnant and uncomfortable is rapidly becoming a fuzzy memory. It was only 19 days ago that he was still in my tummy...kicking around and hiccuping. Only 19 days ago, that I sat in a hospital room with my husband wondering when they would send me home, surely I couldn't really be in labor. This was too easy to be real.

But those contractions wouldn't go away. We didn't even want to call anyone to tell them we were at the hospital because we were so sure we would be going home as soon as they examined me. Surprise surprise, I was already 6 cm! The birth of my boy... my little man turned out to be the easiest labor ever. The quickest too. I went in at 8am and had a baby by 3:42 that afternoon.

I remember the Dr. telling me to push through the burning, and wondering to myself "what burning?" I couldn't believe how big he turned out to be considering what little pain he caused me. And then we all cried. Me, Joe, Amanda and Melissa...all crying tears of joy. I was so impressed with my girls that they were so young, and so touched.
The world stopped when I had my baby. I felt like I was dreaming when I felt his little warm wet body on my chest. When I felt his little face looking for any tiny patch of bare skin to lay his little head on. It is a beautiful thing. I feel so grateful and blessed.


I wish I had a shrink box :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home